Thursday 7 April 2011

Just a thought.

' "I hate, I despise your feasts, and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies. Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; and the peace offerings of your fattened animals, I will not look upon them. Take away from me the noise of your songs; to the melody of your harps I will not listen. But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream." '
Amos 5:22-24

-- God takes injustice seriously therefore so should we. How can we dare to praise His name, to enter into His holy presence while we are oppressing our neighbour? If the Lord had this against His chosen people, Israel, through whom the Messiah would come, how much more could He accuse us, christians, the gloriously redeemed people of God who are blessed to have not seen and yet to have believed, of injustice?
Ignorance is not an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment