Wednesday 25 May 2011

Käsekuchen


Today I think I ate enough cake for 3 birthday parties! As it's my last week in school some of my pupils baked some wonderful german cheese cake (which I just have to find out how to make) and marble cake for us all to eat during class. They also gave me a little notebook with kind messages written in and lots of funny german phrases and sayings such as, 'Lügen haben kurze Beine' -'Lies have short legs'! Well, I suppose in a language class you do have to stay marginally on topic...

In the following lesson, my colleague then paid for freshly baked cinnamon and chocolate muffins, and while we all sat around stuffing our faces I talked about some of my experiences here in Germany. It was a good chance for the pupils to understand what it could be like if they decided to spend some time abroad improving their english, and at least for some of them it seemed to help.

English lessons have been particularly fun, especially today when some of the guys started to sing/hum/slur under their breath, 'Danger, danger..high voltage' (yes, you know which one I mean) triggered by an oh-so innocent statement. Ah, yes. I think I'll miss fun times as a 'kein echte Lehrerin', so I've gotten used to explaining! But I must admit that I'm looking forward to studying again, though not the exams of course, and hopefully bringing some great german recipes back home...mmm Käsekuchen may make an appearance at Globe Cafe sometime in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment