Sunday 15 May 2011

(Possibly) my most favourite place in Britain.

One my Mum took.

Sunday: Church with an astoundingly encouraging message preached on Luke 24:1-5. Impromptu lunch at a friend's house followed by holiday photos. Two hours playing volleyball in the wonderful sunshine (although I am absolutely rubbish!) Bike ride home in the strangely warm rain and now more food, reading, 'Doctor Who' perhaps, and an early bed.

My parents are hopefully going to get some time away soon in Aberdaron, north Wales where for years we used to holiday in Whit week together as a family. I just love this place and I don't think you can't really appreciate it's beauty until you stay in a tent on a campsite for a week there! Maybe I'm a bit of a romantic as I have so many great memories of Aberdaron, but I think you'll agree, it is a stunningly beautiful place. Late night walks up the Coast Guard hill, in shorts, fleece and windproof while the wind whips around you, a sunset in the west over the Irish Sea and Ynys Enlli (Bardsey) to the south west - not much beats such wonderful, rugged, welsh countryside.



No comments:

Post a Comment