Friday 10 December 2010

La Carnaval des Animaux

Disney used this piece of music (The Aquarium) from Le Carnaval des Animaux by the french romantic composer, Camille Saint-Saens, for Beauty and the Beast. Ok, so I do listen to classic fm (where I heard this piece) and Radio 4 -yes, by rights I ought to be a well-spoken, southern, privately educated, tweed-jacketed, slightly eccentric university professor to be listening to such things...?

It made me think back to my childhood; of the times when Disney cartoons were only to be found on video; when my Dad had significantly more hair and I wore red Harry Potter-like glasses -because red was cool!!

Another one I like from the same suite is Fossils and, of course, the Swan. Both pretty famous and just wonderful in their own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment