Wednesday 22 December 2010

Small people.

So it looks like our flight is still on for tomorrow from Bremen to Liverpool. However, so many flights have been cancelled and airports been shut due to bad weather that anything could happen over the next 24 hours! Naturally my brother and I would love to be able to get home for christmas and I'm pretty sure my parents and Gran would love that too. But it's a good time to remember that we have a sovereign God who actually does have the weather in His hands and that quite frankly times like these make us remember just how powerless we are. We scheme and make plans for the future as if they're certain to come off. How foolish we are! And yet how often we succomb to this little, yet highly persuasive, lie. I am determined, no matter what happens over the next 24 hours, by the grace of God to surrender all to Him in prayer and remain firm in the knowledge that He does all things for the good of those who love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment