Wednesday 1 December 2010

Sad News

We never know how long we'll have on this earth-something that was reinforced to me yesterday after hearing that one of my neighbours from home had suddenly died. It has quite shocked our little Close where the neighbours are good friends with one another. Tragically, my neighbour's daughter, who I also went to school with, celebrated her 21st a few days ago and now less than a week later has to bury her father. I can't quite get over just how shocking it is. It's like a smack in the face that quite rightly has brought me back to see life as it really is.

Talking to my parents yesterday it became quite clear to me just how as christians we are never left wondering what has happened to someone. In many ways, it makes the death of an unsaved friend or family member more unbearable because if we believe God's Word to be true on the matter, then there is only one of two places a person will go. What wasted opportunities. My neighbour will never have the chance to hear the gospel again. Yet, God is sovereign. Lest we get carried away by guilt and all of the 'shoulds' or 'coulds' that may torment us, we must always understand that He is in control and that He is the God of all comfort.

If you are reading this and can spare a moment to pray, please remember the Raines family and pray for my parents, that they'd be able to support their neighbours during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment