Thursday 24 February 2011

God's Design For Women

Last night was our first meeting of 'God's Design For Women'. As the books only arrived yesterday afternoon I didn't really have time to prepare anything and so the meeting was really a chance for us to discuss how we wanted our meetings to run and what material we wanted to cover week by week. Reading through the introduction together raised a few questions too which we heartily discussed.

The only problem I see that could possibly arise is over language issues. We'll be doing the Bible Study in english and german, mainly reading in english and speaking german though I reckon we'll probably switch between the two.

When I think of how this all came about I actually find it quite astonishing that I now seem to be hosting, organising and partly leading this string of studies on biblical womanhood! Let's just say I'm more than glad that the material and questions are already prepared! God inspired and used conversations I have had over the last few weeks to make up a group of six women who are eager to learn what it means to live as godly women in this age. It is just so thrilling to see God working and bringing things so perfectly together! I know that I am inadequate and weak but to see God still desiring to work through me is just incredible.

I think it's also now that I'm realising just what spiritual need there is here among women in Germany. Womanhood, according to how God has defined it, just doesn't seem to be being talked about at church, or if it is, I get the feeling from talking to some of my friends that the teaching tends to either be insufficient and never really gets to the heart of feminine issues, or is biased toward societal beliefs. So please pray for us as we meet up over the next few weeks, that we'd have open minds and hearts to receive what the Bible says about how we ought to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment