Thursday 17 February 2011

Hauskreis

In about an hour I'll be off to house group and will be leading the Bible Study on Romans 3. Amazingly I don't feel nervous about it and I can only see that as answer to prayer. I'm not wholly convinced that what I've prepared is going to be awe inspiring, but I trusted God when I started it and still trust Him now to challenge the hearts of those in my house group, particularly as we're dealing with the righteousness of God and our justification. Please pray that this would be a God-centred study and that we wouldn't get side-tracked. We desperately need to understand what it means for our hearts to be totally depraved and how and why such a righteous God should choose to make such sinful people righteous in Christ. Pray for a deeper and more God-glorifying understanding of the gospel in all of us.

'For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith.' Romans 3:22-25

No comments:

Post a Comment